description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Monday, June 24, 2013

My first love...

TV will always be first and foremost in my heart. It's my job AND my hobby, and pretty much everything in between. That being said, it can also bring me pain. Deep, abiding pain. As some of you know, I've been unemployed off and on since 2009. The industry just isn't what it once was, and probably never will be again. Skill is no longer valued when cheap labor can be found. And as they say, you get what you pay for. Just have a look.

WHY AREN'T THEY SINGING? 
I have a serious love/hate relationship with Bunheads. I desperately want it to be good because I love both its lead actress and its pedigree. I come back every week to see if it's improved, and every week it hurts me in a new and painful way. Usually it's the script that kills me, but this particular week, it was that sign behind Michelle. AVACADO? Really, TV show? That's how you want to play this? I mean, come ON. The Fosters are already NOT singing or dancing in this scene, which is just a waste. And then you're not even going to proofread AVOCADO? It's like you don't even know me. Which you don't. Which I guess is why your dancers walk around outside with their VERY EXPENSIVE dance shoes on, or all take class together even though they're at different levels, and can learn fairly complicated choreography in mere hours. See? I love, but I also hate. But at least *I* know how to spell avocado. (and I'm available for work! Call me!)

Possibly the most boring scene in the entire season.
Do you watch Scandal? Of course you do. Everyone digs Scandal. It's tons of fun, well written, and gloriously well acted. In some sort of effort to capitalize on the themes of Scandal, my local news station posted this ad for a story on the news following the show. I like how the fake word, sexting, is all good, but the real word, DECIPHERING, is just wrong. Also, how hard is it to decipher a sext? I confess I have no experience with sexting, but I feel like it's not really a complicated thing. You probably don't have to bring in Huck or even Baby Huck to solve the riddle, I'm guessing.

Look at that crystal clear picture on my TV! 
I posted this pic on my twitter feed (@SpellFailBlog), where we debated it back and forth for a while. Officially, this tarot card from Hart of Dixie is spelled incorrectly here in the good ol' USA. JUDGMENT is the preferred spelling here. However, it's correct in many other countries, including Canada, Australia, and the UK. So, maybe these are foreign cards? Hard to say. But I don't like it! It makes me itchy. Let's save that E for another day.

I think he's about to spit in our faces. 
I posted this pic on the Facebook and Twitter feeds, but it's a good one, so everyone should get to see it. I hated this show. I really did. I gave it a few different chances because man, that cast was fantastic, right? But wow, those were possibly the MOST incompetent FBI agents in the history of the FBI. They were masters of bad choices. Yes, by all means, let's send Kevin Bacon somewhere with one person as backup AGAIN, because that person never ends up dead. Anyway, as I said on Facebook, at least one good thing came from watching that silly show. Blatant comma abuse, and from a character who's supposed to be a literature professor! In a perfect world, Joe Carroll has already had the author of this chyron killed, and then offered a lengthy lecture on how Poe would be pleased. (Did anyone else feel like the whole Poe thing was weird? I mean, Poe is a noted whackadoo who was fascinated by the macabre, but was that almost TOO obvious an inspiration for a serial killer? I guess out of all the silly stuff on that show, that was one of the less silly things.)

So, what are you watching this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment