description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The word of the day is...

Brains can be tricky things. You're just typing along, putting together a sign for your store, and you reach for a particular word, and your brain provides, well, something. But it's not quite right. Or, in the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Photo by DC
"Sorry for Any Innocence: A High School Survival Story," coming to Lifetime this fall!

But as it turns out, this word is really challenging. Like, elaborately, bizarrely challenging. Ranging from move-a-letter confusion...

Photo by JS
...to just-drop-a-syllable epic fail.

Photo by BM via JR
Additionally, I would immediately want an explanation for why they couldn't make a sandwich. I mean, who can't make a sandwich? I can barely cook and I have sandwiches mastered. Are they out of bread? Meats? Cheese? What is it, man? I will provide my own materials if necessary! JUST MAKE ME A SANDWICH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY.

But I have a well-documented sandwich problem. Anyway, just for the record, it's INCONVENIENCE. In case you were all confused now.

Happy Tuesday, gang. Keep sending those submissions in!


No comments:

Post a Comment