description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

DEEE-licious, y'all!

So, I grew up in Florida. It's not technically the South, which is good, in some ways. I am, however, familiar with the South's ways, so to speak. I know of their foods and traditions, and would be happy to explain to you the difference between a BBQ and a cookout. I also, as you may have noticed so far, can properly deploy a y'all into the conversation. Y'all may not be aware of this, but the South is very good at cold beverages. They have to be, since it's about a billion degrees down there, starting around mid-March. Cold beer, cold coke (whichever kind you want), cold tea. Cold SWEET tea, to be exact. Unfortunately, I've never been a fan. Tea has always tasted to me like someone took a branch off a tree and wrung it out into a glass. Yuck. But I can assure you that if I had to choose between sweet tea and the below-mentioned tea, I'd be Team Sweet Tea all the way.

photo by Eric Wagoner
When I first saw this photo, I was so happy because "Desserts" is spelled correctly! Yay! But then I looked up. And yes, I'm focusing on the tea, and ignoring the Lemon Aid, because maybe that's some sort of house specialty that they're spelling quirkily. I'm not sure. I would definitely choose the Lemon Aid over the Sweat Tea, as well, since lemons can often use help when becoming drinks. What if the aid is some sort of booze? That sounds fantastic! Anyhoo, I digress. Sweat Tea, y'all. It's a don't. A gross, sticky, unpleasant don't.

Just say no. 

(photo recommended to me by my friend AW, and can be found at this link, via Eric's instagram.)

No comments:

Post a Comment