description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bread and cheese!

Sometimes it seems to me as though going gluten free is more of a fad than a necessity. Of course, there are people who need to be gluten free. But some days it seems like people are turning their backs on gluten just because other people are doing it, and that kind of surprises me. I mean, would you give up bacon because other people did it? No, you wouldn't. But gluten? Apparently that's a thing people can live without. Me, I only give up foods I am required by my system to give up. That's how I said goodbye to red meat. So sad. I miss it terribly.

ANYWAY, gluten free. It's a thing now. Unfortunately, dictionaries have apparently not gotten the memo. I mean, that's the only thing that could explain this, right?

Photo by JR
GLUTEN. With an E. Feel free to look that bad boy up on the internet, menu crafter.

But let's talk about something else. Namely, blue cheese. Or bleu cheese, as I think I'd spell it. I understand that blue cheese is perfectly acceptable, since they mean the same thing. But, cheese people, is there a difference? Or is it more of a champagne/sparkling wine difference? Enlighten me, please. Je voudrais comprendre.

Merci!

(Thanks, JR!)

1 comment:

  1. I don't have cheese clarification for you, but this seems a good place to note that my campus convenience store is selling bags of flour-type stuff under the brand name Glutteny. Apparently it's gluten-free, but that is no reason to go with that name.

    ReplyDelete