description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Friday, December 21, 2012

FRIDAY, December 19, 2012

It's Friday, and possibly your last office day of 2012 (as it is mine). Are you as excited about it as I am? Are you having as much of a hard time as I am staying focused? I have already made my list of things to do over the very short break, but I admit I'm mostly looking forward to not waking to an alarm every morning. I really hate that jerky little thing.

As 2013 looms ahead, I've been thinking about the future, and I'm very sad to report that I will, for the most part, be wrapping things up here at the spelling blog. I've had a FANTASTIC time sharing these crazy errors with y'all, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to dedicate to it the time it deserves what with the whole day job, and I hate having these posts up if I haven't given them all I've got. You guys deserve better! I want to thank all of you for checking in, sending submissions, and hanging in there during the past year! You guys are the best!

As submissions come in, I'll throw them up from time to time, in which case the automatic internet genies will automatically post them over at the Facebook, twitter, and tumblr pages. Keep an eye there for future posts.

Today's final Presented Without Comment is coming up, and again, thanks to all of you who've hung in there with me! It's been a blast!

1 comment: