description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Link Roundup

Are you, like me, still working instead of off gallivanting somewhere for the holidays? I'm sorry. Here are some links to check out to help pass the time.

This error in this article is only noticeable if you parlais Francais. If we assume the gender indicated in the title is correct, then the verb in the second line of the first paragraph is incorrect. Which is especially sad seeing as how it's correct in the title. But, more importantly, the first line of the first paragraph says that the wine arrives tonight. Which means that you'd likely want the present tense of the verb, and not the past tense conjugation, so this seems all wrong to me. I think he wants to say the wine "is arriving" tonight, but putting those two words together creates passe compose, or past tense. In French, you just use present, right? It's been a long time since I had to deal with this, so y'all just tell me what's what.
(via LA Weekly, h/t DD)

The Godfather of Soul deserved better, y'all.
(via African American Funeral Programs from the East Central Georgia Regional Library, h/t AW)

A rundown of the year in typos, mistakes and corrections. I'm proud to have shared some of them with you.
(via The Atlantic Wire, h/t JR)

And because that's how I roll, here's my latest post over on Lucky's website. I don't THINK there's anything spelled wrong in there, but maybe?
(via Lucky's website)






No comments:

Post a Comment