description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gross

As some of you may know, I am not an adventurous eater. There are a few reasons for this that I won't really get into here, but suffice it to say, eating with me can be an adventure in repetition. I like the same things over and over again. Also, I'm a cowardly cook. I hate trying a new recipe because I'm convinced I'll screw it up. I don't really have a lengthy history of ruining recipes, but my brain has decided I'm a hazard in the kitchen, so it's tough for me to break out of my rut. When I do, though, you can be sure I'll take to twitter to ask questions about EVERY step of the recipe. I like to have full clarity. It's a quirk.

So, when they cook dishes on the daytime talk shows, I usually kind of ignore it. Chances are, it won't be something I'm interested in. And if I had seen this dish being prepared, I probably would have actually changed the channel. There is no faster way to lose me than to put olives in a dish. Any kind of olives. Even these.

Photo by DM
For the record, I googled geen olives to see if anything came up, and I got the "showing results for green olives" thing from google, after which you can almost hear it snickering at you. I sometimes wonder if google worries about me sometimes, with all the idiotic stuff I google for the blog. But then I figure it's probably just happy to be doing its job, right? A searched google is a happy google. Or something.

(Thanks, DM!)

No comments:

Post a Comment