description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Willkommen!

I took dance classes for a VERY long time. 15 years, to be exact. You'd probably never guess it by looking at me today, but if you watch me walk, you'll see it. I still walk in first position. I started ballet classes when I was 3 years old, but never put any real effort into it until I was about 11, when I realized that I might soon get to wear pointe shoes. That was, of course, the whole point (BAM). I liked ballet, but I was always better at jazz, which was a bit looser and freer, and didn't need me to kick my leg quite so high, which I was never able to do. I am, I think it's safe to say, not built to be a dancer, but I always loved it, and still miss it. I can't really even imagine taking classes now. I might collapse from the strain.

All that being said, it was a fairly classical studio, with classes in ballet, pointe, jazz, tap, and gymnastics. I think the most risque we ever got was the year we did Thriller, but most of the girls in the class barely even had hips yet, so the dancing wasn't all that scintillating. OH! There was also a group that did a dance to "Li'l Bitty Pissant Country Place" from Best Little Whorehouse in Texas one year for the recital, which I found quite shocking at my age, but y'know, looking back, it was probably pretty tame. It just wasn't a very saucy group of people.

So, I was surprised when I received this photo and it said it was a group from a dance center. Is this what the kids do at the dance centers these days? My, my. I'd guess even the kids know how it's supposed to be spelled, though.


Check the date on the posting. Almost 2 years old, and on it lives. Welcome to the Caberet CABARET, y'all! Don't be a stranger.

(Thanks, DD!)

No comments:

Post a Comment