description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Another kind of doomsday

I was inspired to start this blog by a number of spelling errors in graphics on TV shows. That's where the "houds" in Release the Houds comes from, after all! So, it's always fun when I can once again share with you an error in a TV graphic, since, as I said back then, I have a pretty good idea how many people saw this error before it made it on to my friend AAD's TV. I'm gonna guess at least 4, if not more.

Photo by AAD
AAD says this was on the show "Doomsday Preppers." I haven't seen it, but I can see how that might be interesting to hear about. And fortunately, none of the above words are misspelled. There's just one word missing. Do you see it? Or, rather, not see it? I'm sure this is one of those instances where your brain fills in what's missing, but it's impressive that so many people did that, and this graphic made it to air. Also probably very annoying for the producers. I know it would make me crazy. Which is why I never watch my own stuff on TV. I don't need that stress!

(Thanks, AAD!)

No comments:

Post a Comment