description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

It's a crying shame

Today's posts have a theme! I love a theme. Y'all know that.

This screencap was sent by my friend AW. Now, I don't play any games on my phone. I'm lazy, and in no way competitive, so I just don't get sucked into this stuff. I've never played a single moment of Angry Birds. But these games are CRAZY popular, and people dig them, so this is probably yet another example of Things I Don't Get But Everyone Else Does. Like sitcoms. or ketchup. Ooh. Or tea! Why do you want to drink wrung-out tree branches? Blech.

Anyhoodle, have a look, and see if you can figure out today's theme.

screencap by AW
See it? Up there in the the first line? Yep, I knew you would. Today's theme is Using the Wrong Its, brought to you by your 8th grade English class.

Come to think of it, when DO we study the different its? I don't remember. I'm pretty sure I didn't really learn to tell the difference until sometime in college. What about you? When did you come up with a way for you to remember?

(Thanks, AW!)

No comments:

Post a Comment