description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Higher education

I attended Florida State, which is in Tallahassee, Florida. Just down the street from FSU was (is) Florida A&M, so I've always had a special place in my heart for that school, too. I took a class there, which didn't go all that smoothly, but that was the fault of a classmate, and not the school.

While doing research this week for a project at work, I went digging through FAM's website for some info, and stumbled upon this little gem:

Still no Oxford comma.
Now, listen. I understand that FAM's Media Relations office must be kinda swamped these days, since they're having some...issues. But this is particularly egregious seeing how it immediately follows a line about enhancing the public image of FAMU.

I heart you guys. Get your ___ together! I want to see you always awesome! Always awesomer!

Yeah, I'm making up words now. It's probably because I only took ONE class at FAM. I should have taken more.

No comments:

Post a Comment