description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My BEST choice?

JR's second submission is a bit more straightforward. I suppose this is one way to avoid having to choose which your/you're to use, if you're not sure.

Photo by JR
There's also a bit of ellipsis abuse going on here, but it kind of pales in comparison. 

Listen, if I were selling a product in a foreign country whose language I didn't speak, you better believe I would pay an expert to make sure all the information printed on the packaging was grammatically correct and made sense. I can understand that if you're only familiar with the US via the internet it might seem like we don't take our grammar seriously, but let me assure you, rest of the world, WE DO. 

(Thanks, JR!)

No comments:

Post a Comment