description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fancy food

Good morning! I'm working from home today, so I decided to not get up as early as usual. I'm sure you understand.

Here, have a look at today's first submission, and then we'll talk:

Photo by KG
I tried to clean this one up a bit, but I kept making it worse, so I'm presenting it to you in its original glory. You have to read it a little carefully. I made it big, so hopefully, y'all can see.

I have lots of issues here. First off is the pumpkinization of America. I don't entirely approve. Except when cinnamon is substituted for the pumpkin flavor, and then it's fine. I also have my doubts about adding to curry to creme fraiche. That doesn't sound good to me at all.

But, of course, the spelling error here is with the almost-delightful dessert. While the internet tells me that sundae might be derived from Sunday, or at least, they both may have the same word of origin, they do not NOW mean the same thing. For dessert, go with the ice cream, and not the day of the week.

But hey, I also learned something today! I had to google pomegranate gastrique, since it sounded kind of made-up to me. It's not! It's a thing! Though I'm not sure it'd go with sage polenta. But you may be able to tell that I'm not really an adventurous eater. Have you had it? Is it delightful with polenta? I'll trust you.

(Thanks, KG!)

2 comments:

  1. Curried crème fraîche sounds yummy. Since crème frîche is basically sour cream, they probably more likely added it to the curry since curry is a main dish. It is worded to sound like the opposite though.

    As for sage polenta, that sounds delish. I find it ironic that I dislike grits and hominy but I love polenta, which is essentially the same thing (ground up corn in some way).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was picturing curry powder being added to creme fraiche, which didn't sound good to me. But what do I know? And also, yes, sage polenta sounds good. But with pomegranate gastrique? That's where they lose me. But I don't always love adding sweet flavors to things. Sweets are desserts.

      Delete