description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Utter catastrophe

I just can't even, y'all.

Screengrab by KN
Every single one of these ads has AT LEAST one thing wrong. The top one, of course, is the most glaring. You can't distract us with that random capitalization, ad. You totally left off 3 letters, and making the word feel special is just not going to cut it.

The second one features either a make-your-own crepe pie (which, what?), or a make-your-own call, depending on how you interpret whatever's going on there. I prefer to make all my own calls, but maybe that's just me. I have no interest in a make-your-own crepe pie. PASS.

Totally capital letter fail in the 3rd ad. It's just wrong.

But seriously, y'all. WTF is a crepe pie?

(Thanks, KN!)

3 comments:

  1. I have something very Import to tell You! I'm thinking that's a "whom" situation in the last one, but maybe we've all given up on whom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't given up on whom, but I admit I'm shaky on the rules. I will take your word for it!

      Delete
  2. I was so blinded by the "Import" and the ridiculous capitalization in the Josh Mandel (who lost, thank all that is holy) ad that I didn't even notice the punctuation error in the middle one!

    ReplyDelete