description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sounds mostly good!

So, yeah. I took French in school. I had to be different, you see. Everyone else took Spanish because we were in Florida, and that seemed sensible. But NO. I had to take French. And as a result, I am sometimes useless at Mexican restaurants. Well, not as much any more. I've learned a bit in my time in Los Angeles. But in the beginning? Useless. A stranger in a strange land.

But I'm pretty sure, even back then, I would have known this was wrong:

Screengrab by XB
When I plugged "arros can pollo" into google, I got that whole did you mean arroz CON pollo? response that it gives when it thinks you're stupid and is judging you, so I guess that version doesn't even exist. ARROZ CON POLLO, y'all. Chicken and rice. A universal dish.

I have no idea what "Bed of Lettuce" is a euphemism for. Because everyone knows a plain old bed of lettuce doesn't need fancy capital letters, right? So that has to MEAN something.

You can see the rest of the menu here. I've become a big fan of eat24 recently, and in no way blame them for this minor tragedy. They pull the info from the restaurants, as I understand it. I still heart you, eat24!

(Thanks, XB!)

1 comment:

  1. I too took French in high school. And for part of my high school years, I lived in a Spanish speaking country where it would've made LOADS more sense to learn Spanish, but NOOO, I went for the French. And then living in Los Angeles for college, I still took French. Post college, all I can really do now is make fun of my high school French teacher for speaking French in a Southern accent.

    As for the menu item, when I first looked at it, I thought "is that some sort of hispanic version of beer can chicken?"

    ReplyDelete