description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

FLAMES

This one's a bit blurry, but have a look:

Photo by AD
I made that nice and big, so hopefully y'all can see it. That is some pretentious nonsense right there. I am just not this heavily invested in the food I eat. It's far too much effort. Especially if your menu involves some sort of historical novella about where my food is from. We aren't new friends or coworkers. I don't need to know anything about my food. It's going straight into my tummy. I realize that this information is VERY important to some people. But I don't think MOST people care. I think it's right around not that many to some. Am I wrong? Maybe. But when you spend that much time sourcing your proteins, you lose sight of what's really important. Or maybe you just run out of steam, and this happens.

Photo also by AD
Sure, the E and the D are right by each other on the keyboard. And I can totally understand that even if you did hire a proofreader, that person's brain cells might have simply shut off by this point. But c'mon. Prometheus makes it through, but WILD can't catch a break? That's pretty darn close to pathetic.

I didn't see any other errors here besides the period after additional in the last line. Did you? Did I miss something? It's just so MANY WORDS. That are DULL.

(Thanks, AD!)

No comments:

Post a Comment