description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Trying something new...

My friend LR and I have started this new thing where we go out to a nice dinner at a place we've never been before. Ok, so we've only been once. But we have the best of intentions! A couple weeks ago, we met up at The Grove to give Gordon Ramsey's new restaurant The Fat Cow a try. I was not an instant fan, though I would like to give it one more try to be sure. I got the mac and cheese with lobster, and frankly, bacon would have been a better add-in. But there were other intriguing things on the menu, and eventually, I'll wander back over there.

While we were perusing the menu, I noticed a number of mistakes, but was too chicken to break out the flash in such a dark restaurant. LR, however, was happy to do so. And so, my friends, we all thank LR for her bravery in these challenging circumstances.

Photo by the lovely and talented LR
The major offender is the accompaniment to the Fish & Chips. Mushy pea's? Are you KIDDING ME? I mean, first off, peas are kind of the worst thing on earth. And THEN you have to shove an apostrophe in there? OY. But have a look a little further north, under the description for Buttermilk Fried Chicken, which may very well be thing I get the next time I go. Bisquits? That is not, so far as I can tell, the British version of BISCUIT. It's just wrong. WRONG, I tell you!

I would like to go off on some vitriolic, profane, Gordon Ramsey-style tirade here, but that's not how this blog rolls. It's a classy joint we got goin' on here. But that is how I FEEL. I mean, seriously. They spent a metric TON of money on the decoration of that restaurant. This is where they drew the line? "Nope! No more money will be spent. No proofreaders for us!" @#$%^%#$%^&*&%#$##$%^$@!!

Yuck.

(Thanks, LR!)

No comments:

Post a Comment