description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Yet again

Recently, I replaced my TiVo. It was a joyous occasion, mixed with sadness. Joyous because my old one was dying - rebooting constantly, and not always recording my shows, and sad because, well, new TiVos are really expensive. But, I was whining about it so much on social media that at least one friend finally offered to buy me one herself. And so, it was time. The new TiVo and I have been very happy together. I haven't taxed it overmuch yet, because I'm still so used to dealing with the old one.

It and I did have some good times together. This is a photo I took just a few short weeks before I put it out to pasture.

I do so enjoy the newer interface. I like new. 
First of all, how crazy depressing does this show sound? How it will likely end? Um, no, thanks. I'll take a pass on having that information, thanks. I'm all set with having no idea.

But you see the real issue, right? Fitting in nicely with today's theme. Yet another its abuse. I'm certain there are any number of freelance proofreaders out there that would be happy to help out with this sort of thing. But first, TiVo guide, you have to admit there's a problem. The guide has to hit rock bottom. And I'm guessing that's a ways off yet.

It's hard to watch good friends slowly disintegrate, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment