description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Godspeed, Endeavour.


I have a strong connection to America's space program. I think I've talked a bit about that before. The retirement of the Shuttle fleet is bittersweet, but the excitement people have expressed over the various Shuttles has warmed my heart, and I've eagerly watched their dispersal throughout the country. When I heard one of them would be coming here to Los Angeles, I was thrilled! The Shuttle program is following me around! It just wants to be near me! It's been fun to watch my newer home get as excited about a Space Shuttle as my childhood home did. Last week, when the Shuttle did its flyover on its way to its new home, the local news was ALL OVER IT. They told us where we could watch the flyover, where to send pictures, what time everything was happening, and so on. 

Except for one fatal flaw.

It was super awesome. Not gonna lie. 


What you have to understand is that Endeavour is named for James Cook's 18th century exploration vessel. It is not the American English ENDEAVOR. It is ENDEAVOUR. And even the slightest google will tell you that. This is a case of spellcheck not being able to save you. Research is required. But really, this is one of those things that news agencies should get right, since it's right there in the press release. 

Still, it was pretty darn awesome to step outside of my apartment building, look up, and see Endeavour flying overhead. I can't wait to go visit it at the Science Center! 


(Thanks, CH!)

No comments:

Post a Comment