description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

HOW DARE YOU.

So, today we're going to look at things to which I have a disproportionately angry response. Basically, stuff that just makes me crazy. There is no reason for these shenanigans. For example, have a look:

That is a random shot of a phone screen, right? 
JUST NO. Why would you put the hyphen in the wrong place? Who STILL doesn't know how to format iPhone? I remember when iPods first came out, this really confused some people. They just really wanted to shove a hyphen in there for some reason. NO. Refer to the press materials. Check Apple's website. That bad boy is trademarked, and therefore, you're really supposed to format the name the way they want it, even if it looks weird to you. YOU DON'T GET A VOTE.

This should read, in my opinion, "iPhone Trade-In" I guess, for a lower third, we can capitalize all the words, just so they look the same. But honestly. This just drives me insane. STOP HALF-ASSING EVERYTHING, AMERICA.

Whew. I'm gonna go have a little lie-down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment