description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

They're back!

Have you ever noticed how the shows on ABC Family develop a small but VERY LOYAL following? I mean, now that "Switched at Birth" has returned, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able to survive the rest of the year. I feel THAT strongly about it. For some reason, I've never really gotten into any of their other shows. Maybe I've never quite forgiven them for canceling "Huge." And I've talked before about how they have a number of shows featuring lying. But what kind of a TV show doesn't involve lying in some way? After all, they hid the president's MS on "West Wing!"

ANYHOO, one of the things I think ABC Family does really well is promote their shows. They connect with the audience, and keep them involved, so they feel a part of what's going on, and therefore more invested. It's a great way to maintain a loyal audience! But what it also means is that your audience is going to be visiting your website a lot. Especially if you have new webisodes regularly. And when they get there, this is pretty much EXACTLY what you don't want them to see:

screengrab by HC
Ok, the error here is pretty tough to see, and I wouldn't have ever caught it in a million years, so thanks again to HC for keeping an eye out. Here's another screengrab that should illustrate this issue more effectively:

This one's by me. 
First, look at the caption. Then, look at the lower third in the clip. THIS POOR KID'S NAME IS BRANT, NOT BRAD. BRANT, ABC FAMILY WEB PEOPLE. NOT BRAD. (I call this guy a kid because he is 11 years younger than me, and while that still puts him well inside adult territory, I feel less old by doing so.) As HC said, he is too cute to be marginalized. He just wants some respect, y'all. He's been in town a few years now, and deserves nothing less. I've said this before, but as the owner of two names that sometimes stump people, I sympathize. You have to take the bull by the horns, so to speak. Stand up for your inherent Brant-ness! This is totally not a Brad kind of a thing. All Brant, all the time! VIVA LA BRANT!

I mean, when has a BRAD ever made it in acting? Please. Name one Brad. Ok, yeah. That guy. Name another! Ok, sure, there's that other guy. Name a third! WHATEVER.

The point is, this guy is Brant, and the web people should have maybe checked the cast list before hitting publish. Weekend be damned.

(Thanks again, HC!)

No comments:

Post a Comment