description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The nose knows

I cannot do a scary movie. Just can't. I am a HUGE chicken, and can't handle it. It kinda makes me sad when some cool, hip scary movie comes out, and everyone's talking about it, and I know I'll never see it. I like to talk about cool things! I want to be in the know! I love water cooler talk! But alas. I am a coward, and am not up to the task. Which means I usually don't even bother reading any press about any scary movies. So, I would have never seen this tidbit if JR hadn't brought it to my attention.

Here's the headline for this story:

Oops.

No spelling errors here, except I love it when this kind of thing happens. The ads take over and eat the copy. I don't know enough about html to know how to fix this, but I suspect it's fairly easy. Anyway, here's the error:

This is one of those times when you're screaming at the screen, right? 
Listen, I get it. I HAVE a weird nose. My sneezes freak people out. They never know if it's a sneeze or a cough. But I don't think my nose is weird enough to be featured IN A HORROR MOVIE. And I would never expect people to run away from me. That seems rude. It's just a sneeze/cough. A snough, if you will. I don't do it on purpose! And it's NOT SCARY. Jeez. Just a little loud.

I know Hollywood is totally out of ideas, but this seems really desperate. A horror movie about a weird nose? LAME.

What's that? It's supposed to be NOISE? OHHHHH. Well, that's different. And probably really scary! I was almost willing to see this when it was about a nose. But now? Forget it. OUT.

I am now trying to come up with a really scary movie about a nose. Maybe your nose leads you places you shouldn't be, and then gets you into trouble? But where could it lead you? To a bakery? Or a coffeeshop? RUN BY AN EVIL BARISTA! A BARISTA OF SATAN! And then you have to cut off your nose! To spite your face! That seems horrible.

Still out.

(Thanks, JR!)

No comments:

Post a Comment