description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What happens in Vegas...

Just have a look:

Photo by DH
First of all, I just want to say that this drink sounds kind of disgusting to me. I'm not sure about the booze + ice cream combo. I'm also suspicious of the whole boozey milkshake trend. I feel like each of those ingredients is doing just fine on its own! I mean, I like ice cream. And I like booze. But do I like them together? Probs not.

Now that THAT'S cleared up, let's take a look at the spelling errors. First up is ELIXER. They got desert right, which is the tough one here. You'd think after that, ELIXIR would be easy. Especially if you've got a computer nearby. And then of course, there's the SOUVENIER glass. This is one of those things I think is really weird about Vegas. I know. There are a LOT of things to choose from. But this is one I've decided to glom on to. Why do you need a giant glass to remind you of that time you drank that giant drink? Does it go with your decor? Are you going to use it at home? You could passively-aggressively serve the jerk in your life a drink at dinner! "Hey! Before you insult my cooking or my home, why not have a drink? I got you this special glass. We'll talk again when you're done."

And don't get me started on the price. Seriously. I'm appalled you only get one glass for that price.

(Thanks, DH!)

No comments:

Post a Comment