description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

School's IN!

There's something particularly heartbreaking about spelling fails at school. Especially the one your child goes to. No one wants to be confronted with the fact that the person teaching their child either 1) can't spell or 2) lacks the attention to detail to check the spelling of a document. What else will they not notice where your child is concerned? I can't even imagine how frustrating that must be. I mean, what if your kid came home with this in hand?

Photo by JR
Do you see it? Let me work my magic.

Voila!
It's spelled correctly earlier in the document, so clearly it's just a typo, but ugh. As I said, no one really wants this person to teach their kid if they don't pay attention to the little things. Also, this is a great example of spellcheck not being able to save you, because of course, FILED is a word. But it is not FIELD, which is the word that should be here.

This is just one of the million reasons I don't have a kid. Every day that my plants survive is a victory worth celebrating. I am so glad they don't have to be educated or clothed!

(Thanks, JR! Hope your kid has a good year in school!)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Heh. Yeah, I got another comment this morning about the use of Comic Sans. I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other, but I understand that a lot of people do!

      Delete