description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

For lunch today...

So, I have this weird little quirk. I can't eat red meat. No burgers for me. It's a medical thing, and not a choice I've made. I miss burgers terribly, and would chomp one down in seconds if only my insides were better at dealing with such things. As a result, I've become something of a chicken sandwich connoisseur. I'm lucky in that I do really like them, and am so happy that places like The Counter remember that some of us don't do burgers, and have chicken and turkey on the menu as well. If you invite me to dinner, I will always ask where we're going, and if they have chicken on the menu. I'm super fun like that.

This is why I appreciate it when establishments have signs like this out front, to let me know that they have all kinds of options - burgers, sandwiches, salads. Wait, what kind of salad is that?

Photo by KG
We've run into this little issue before. I have no idea why CAESAR is so hard to spell properly. In addition, HOMEMADE doesn't really need a hyphen, since it's just a word. It's a tragic shame that Billy went to all the trouble of having this sign made for his awesome restaurant, but then didn't bother to have it proofread. I'm actually a little impressed that no one has defaced this sign yet, trying to fix the errors. No one is more filled with righteous indignation and a misplaced sense of entitlement than a grammar nerd who's spotted an error.

I should know.

(Thanks, KG!)

2 comments:

  1. :) I thought about going in and talking to the manager about his sign, but it was more fun to take the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't "home-made" (or "homemade") a lie, in any case? Is Billy really making fried food at home, and then lugging it to the shop to sell? Because those would be some gross, soggy onion rings.

    ReplyDelete