description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pick a good one!

I have a confession to make: I have never carved a pumpkin. Is that weird? By the time I was old enough to wield the big knives, we rarely spent Halloween at home, so we didn't bother with pumpkins. My mom would usually just pick up the smaller ones at the grocery store, and use them for pies. I would say those were around cantaloupe-sized, or what this vendor refers to as "spookies."

Photo by JR
I suspect that a cantalope is like a jackalope, but instead of a bunny, it's a cantaloupe with antlers. A cantalope. The antlers (made of the U!) are its Halloween costume. OBVIOUSLY. That's why it's not there. SURE.

Have some delicious candy, and stay safe out there, y'all! Have fun!

(Thanks, JR!)

No comments:

Post a Comment