description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

OUTRAGED!

Have you ever been to Hawaii? I haven't. I don't have a really strong desire to go, either. I know that it's a favorite vacation spot for a lot of people, but I grew up on the beaches of Florida, and frankly, I'm all set for life in terms of the beach. I love it, but I love big cities, art museums, and shopping even more. That's my kind of vacation. As a result, this particular situation will probably never happen to me. It is terrifying. Can you imagine being trapped in a place with no real explanation or quick way to get home? Yikes.

Furthermore, can you imagine AP News botching a headline in quite this manner? Me, either.

screengrab by me! 
Pick a preposition. Any preposition! But not two. Not here. It's like they couldn't decide which one worked better, so they just kept both. "Our readers are clever. Let's let them decide!"

And yes, there probably are worse things than being trapped in Hawaii, but dude. No one wants to be TRAPPED anywhere. There's no way to enjoy something if you're not really sure if you're ever leaving.

Even if it's a relaxing beach paradise.

(Thanks, DW!)

1 comment:

  1. Also, isn't that redundant? Since Hawaii is all islands?

    ReplyDelete