description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Dan Quayle Special, please!

My friend AB grabbed this at the cafe in her office building in Dallas, Texas. She said the owner of the cafe doesn't like her, so she had to take this all sneakily, and that's why it's blurry. AB, you are completely forgiven, because this is awesome.

Photo by AB
Down there at the bottom, y'all. Though they almost had me at bacon, I admit. Just for the record, it's POTATO. No E. It does sound kind of tasty, doesn't it?

I'm also intrigued by the change in text size. Maybe she realized she was running out of space? I used to get emails from a woman I was trying to buy some materials from for a project I was working on. The beginning of her emails were always completely normal. Hi, how are you, here's the info you requested, that sort of thing. Near the middle, they'd start to go a little wonky. She'd throw in a random word or two. And by the end? No lie, she would actually type multiple letters like you do when you're pretending to fall aslepogohtpapotha.......szzzzzzzzz. SERIOUSLY. It's like she'd have a brain meltdown in the middle of each email, and then just send it instead of having to deal with it anymore. It was the weirdest thing. And THAT is what this sign reminds me of. Crazytown with the wonktastic emails. I hope she got the help she needed. Or some rest. Whatever it was.

Good times.

(Thanks, AB!)

No comments:

Post a Comment