description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Off to a bad start

In prepping for this coming week, where I might be crazy busy, I went in and did some digging through my saved stuff, and found this submission. I SWEAR I used it already, but my chart says no, and nothing comes up when I search through old posts. So, did I?

Help me, loyal readers. You're my only hope. Here's the link to the story. And here's the headline:

If you say so.
That's fine. All the words are spelled properly. I'm not personally a huge fan of the single quotation mark, but that's just a quibble. And here's the first line of the story:

Clearly, this is all stuff I'll never watch.
Possessive its = no apostrophe. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. I feel like we can expect better of EW. Right?

(Dudes, I don't want to go on and on if I already did. I'm scared. So I'm just gonna stop here. You feel me.)

(Thanks, SH!)

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember seeing you post this already, but I don't care either way -- it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete