description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The rain in Spain...

We often think of our smartphones as, well, smart, right? They're little computers. They're supposed to know things. Be able to look things up for you. Help you out. Generally be knowledgeable, right? Wrong. I recently bought the new iPhone, and I haven't even attempted to use Siri, because I've been assured she doesn't know very much. I was scared to use the new Maps app, in case I ended up on the beach somewhere in South America. They can't entirely be trusted. Also:

Those are actually pretty cool temps for June in Florida, right? 
Merritt Island is spelled with two Ts. TWO. Just like I tell everyone else, phone, the internet can guide you. LET IT SHOW YOU THE WAY.

Yeesh. Place names should be CRAZY easy to check. If, y'know, anyone was bothering to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment