description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Coming up next on HGTV...

Here's another wonky TV listing for you. My friend JM spotted this error a few weeks ago on her DirecTV guide. It's another example of "when spellcheck can't save you."

Photo by JM
Yep, the title is correct. Oh, and what's this episode about? "The Lairs follow a lead about Maya." I HAD NO IDEA LAIRS COULD WALK. I mean, aren't they busy being lairs? The Liars' Lair, if you will? As I said to JM, I can't believe they got Bellisario right, and LIARS wrong. Though DirecTV is probably smart enough to not annoy the Family Bellisario. One does not do that if one knows what is good for, uh, one.

Also, I haven't watched the show. Do they refer to themselves as The Liars? Are they all, in fact, liars? And are these lies completely different from the ones told on the other ABCFamily show, "The Lying Game?" Also, can I point out that there's LOT of lying going on in "Switched at Birth," which is MY very favoritest ABCFamily show? LIES, people. We are awash in a SEA of LIES.

Really entertaining lies that we can't bear to miss week after week. I'm so glad "Switched at Birth" is back next week! Yay!

(Thanks, JM!)

No comments:

Post a Comment