description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

And sexy.

Here's another thing I like about that Facebook. And, well, the internet in general. Sometimes, people are REALLY funny. Even the quiet ones. I'm friends with a few people on Facebook that I don't know all that well. You know, that girl I met at that party, or the spouse of a closer friend. And sometimes, those turn out to be the best kind of Facebook friends. They don't comment much, but when they do? It is a GEM. Who knew? Another thing I really enjoy are those quirky signs that go around. You know, with the images that look like they were dug out of 50s catalogs and the modern sayings next to them. Some of those signs are really clever.

And some of them? Well, sometimes, they seem a little amateur hour.

Blurry! Sorry, y'all. 
Listen, when I type up a status update that I think is freaking hilarious, you better believe I give that tiny piece of my awesomeness the once-over to make sure it's as correct as I can get it. And that's just a status update. If I were creating something that I wanted to go viral? I would select 10 of my smartest friends to read it over and make sure I wasn't putting an ode to my lack of attention out in the world. Now, yes, I had to read this over a couple times before I spotted the error, but I caught it eventually, and eventually, others would have, too. That's what friends are for!

(thanks to loyal reader and spouse-of-friend DW for sending this on to me! You're awesome!)

2 comments:

  1. Boy, that took me an embarrassingly long time to find. And the postcard would be OK otherwise.

    Thanks for this site; I love it!

    ReplyDelete