description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

More signs. (THEME ALERT)

As you well know, Facebook isn't just a place for funny signs. It's also a place to share your Very Interesting views on things. A soapbox, if you will. A Speaker's Corner, for when you can't get to London. I am guilty of this as well, though I do try to make sure it's clear that what I'm saying is my own opinion, and not something that I require everyone to agree with. I try. I don't alway succeed. And I am, for the most part, not terribly politically astute. I admit that freely. I am far too shallow, and truthfully more interested in what famous people are wearing on the red carpet.

However, I do try to read posts from people I know have me beat in that department. I want to learn, and understand what's going on. And sometimes, people even create handy little infographic signs that tell me what's what! Like this one, sent in by my friend DW:

Clearly, I need to get myself elected president. I'm totally qualified, obvs. 
Look, let's be real. No one will take you seriously if you spell simple words wrong and don't proofread your sign before foisting it on the internet. It's as simple as that. If your message is THAT important, it's worth taking an extra minute to read over, and make sure you don't have an errant letter in a two-letter word.

Remember megabit from last week? This is clearly where that H landed.

It's ludicrous to insist the internet be better, but a girl can dream, right?

(Thanks to DW for sending me this sign!)

3 comments:

  1. It's also, you know, factually incorrect. But whatevs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assumed so, what with WE being spelled wrong.

      Delete
  2. And actually, that speaks to something--if you're not going to bother spelling things correctly, I'm going to take whatever you're saying less seriously.

    ReplyDelete