description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Mom, Part Deux: The Mommening!

Does your mom send you clippings in the mail? Other moms totally do this, right? Little articles about people you grew up with, coupons, things like this? Or is this a small-town mom thing? I get a packet about once a month with tidbits for my perusal. Mostly, the articles these days are job hunting tips, but I still get some more random stuff that I can't always explain. Once, I got an article that Mom had intended for a friend of mine, but she hadn't indicated so anywhere. I did figure it out eventually, which made me proud. After all these years, I can interpret the inner workings of Mom's brain pretty well. Sometimes, Mom has a tough time hanging on to things. People's names, where she was going, her keys. That kind of thing. My brother and I have an ongoing joke about how the Mom action figure comes with a LOT of accessories. She's got a lot going on, is what I'm saying, and it's tough to keep track of it all. So, sometimes I get articles intended for my brother, and vice-versa. Long story long, there is often a REASON articles arrives. You might just have to think about it for a while in order to figure it out.

However, when this one came, I was completely stumped.

When your mom sends you articles, does she put the date on them? I tried to crop it out, but you can see the tail of the Y up there at the top. 
No one in my family has diabetes that I know of. I wracked my brain. Did we know someone that participated in the study? Was this article meant for another family member, and it just ended up in my packet? Was she saving it for herself for some reason? WHY? WHY DID I GET THIS ARTICLE?

In case you haven't found it yet, it's right there. IN THE FIRST LINE. OY. I am slow sometimes. Mom was just looking out for the blog! Thanks, Mom. I'll try to do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment