description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Mooooondaaaayyyy


It’s Monday, and I’m sure you want to ease back into work. No need to rush these things. Hopefully, these links will allow you the time you need to gracefully reacquaint yourself with the work week. Grab a morning beverage of your choice. It’ll help. 

This article discusses the work of copy editors and why we need them. 

It turns out America isn’t the only word stumping the Romney campaign.

While this isn’t as fantastical as the School of Public Affairs’ flub, there does appear to be a little debate as to where to place fault. I personally think it is NOT a printer’s job to check for errors. They should just print whatever they get. But if the error is their fault, they should eat the cost, for sure. (h/t to loyal reader and friend KN for this link)

Listen, as the owner of an Awkward Last Name, I know precisely how IRRITATING it can be when people get it wrong. Especially when it’s a relatively simple awkward last name. (Yep, I capitalize that because it’s the name of a club. In my head, anyway. If I meet you, and I decide you have an awkward last name? You are automatically added to the roster.) (h/t to loyal reader and friend DW for sending me this link)



No comments:

Post a Comment