description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Who?

This submission is also VERY earnest. It can be difficult to find a way to commemorate someone or something. You want to strike the right note without pushing too hard, or not taking it seriously enough. I come down in favor of the luminaria displays. (Note: googling tells me this word is not actually correct, and that the preferred term is farolito, which is a word I've never heard before. Interesting!) They are solemn, pensive, and respectful. You can see the words others have written about loved ones, and think about those you've known as well.

My friend MJ stumbled across this farolito on the Relay for Life walkway:

Photo by MJ
Well, ok. I mean, who doesn't want to honor those who've fought cancer? But, if you were a fan of the Beastie Boys, wouldn't you have spelled the group's name correctly? And additionally known that the GROUP didn't have cancer? And been aware of the correct title of the song? Conversely, if you were googling celebs with cancer, isn't it likely that the googlewebs would have spit out Adam Yauch, of the Beastie Boys, allowing you to simply COPY IT DOWN?

Look, I can't just come out and make fun of this individual. It's not cool. But I am confused, and at the same time, pleased with their efforts. My dad died of cancer. I'll take every drop of awareness we can get!

We will only give that one quotation mark this fleeting reference, and then call it a day.

(Thanks, MJ!)

No comments:

Post a Comment