description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Lunch time!

Can we talk about sandwiches? I love 'em. Well, let me be specific. I love toasted/grilled/pressed sandwiches. I have a funny food quirk wherein I think meals should be hot. So, I'm not a huge fan of cold sandwiches. But hot ones, especially paninis? LOVE. My current favorite sandwich is the club panini from Corner Bakery. (aside: technically, the singular is panino, and the plural is panini, but we'll just go with the incorrect common usage here, since panino may make me appear even more whackadoo than usual) It's got turkey, bacon, white cheddar, tomatoes, and pepper on sourdough bread, and it is DELIGHTFUL. Trust me.

So, when my friend CG sent me this pic, I thought at first she was just sending me the menu from a restaurant she'd found that maybe I'd want to try, because they serve paninis. But no, she had another reason.

Photo by CG
Y'all, I googled this one, to see if maybe it was a thing I didn't know about. Google basically said no. It just switched over to a search for "oven BAKED panini," and is probably still snickering at me.

Also, I hate menus like this where they don't say what else is on the chicken panini. I mean, you have to assume it's not just chicken and bread. But what else? And don't they get tired of answering that question? Do other people not care? Would y'all just order something without really knowing what you're getting? That seems silly to me.

I am clearly taking a stand against this entire menu. I just can't with this. NO. HAVE SOMETHING ELSE FOR LUNCH TODAY.

(Thanks to CG for this awesome pic! Thanks for thinking of me when you saw it!)

3 comments:

  1. They were probably just exhausted after making sure they spelled "Mediterranean" correctly. It's like when a figure skater nails a quad/triple combo, then falls on his ass doing a double Axel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy it when they get the tough one right, and fall apart on the easy stuff. For both spellers and ice skaters, I mean.

      Delete
  2. And then there's the whole redundancy of "panini sandwiches".

    I hate double letters in words and Mediterranean often throws me, so I was worried I was missing the point of this post until I saw "oven backed". It's also missing a hyphen for that matter.

    ReplyDelete