description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer TV, yay!

It's been at least a few days since I mentioned that I love TV, right? So, yeah. I love TV. Summers used to be a challenge, because all your favorite shows were gone, but then I figured out you could use summers to watch MORE shows you weren't watching before, and they were all new to you! That's genius. And then Fox ran Beverly Hills, 90210 during the summer, and all hell broke loose. Now, you can find tons of quality programming year-round! That's the way I like it. What are you watching? I'm just getting started on Bunheads, which started great but had a wonktastic second episode. I'm eagerly awaiting the return of White Collar, which I adore. True Blood? I haven't jumped back in yet, but I did like the previous seasons. Sort of. Last season was really silly, and I don't think that's necessary. I don't mind them deviating from the books. I mean, I read a lot of urban fantasy, and while I like the Sookie books, they aren't my favorite of the genre. I just don't think you have to go all whackadoo crazy just because vampires are involved.

I'm also watching Falling Skies. I enjoyed the last season, though I felt like it wasn't dramatic enough, in a way. Like there were no stakes. Did any of y'all watch Stargate SG-1? Remember how no one ever died? Even when someone died, they didn't really die? Yeah, I mean like that. Falling Skies seemed to lack an edge. I don't know how you'd do it, except to kill one of Noah Wyle's kids, but as I don't work on the show, that's not my problem. So, season 2 just premiered this past Sunday, and I liked it! Much more drama, lots of fight scenes, possible betrayal, and humans be trippin' because of the scary aliens.

Anyway, I watched the premiere, and then the credits rolled. I just happened to look up, and was greeted with this:

Oh, dear.
I googled to see if this was in fact the title of the episode. As in "The world IS apart." I don't think that's it. I think it's just wrong. And so here it is. The second episode's title could have used a question mark at the end of it, so I'm a little sad that this where they decided to waste their apparent one-per-week punctuation mark.

By the next episode, I'm sure all will be forgiven. Unless that critter with the eye business is back again. NO, THANKS I say to him. Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment