description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

So close!

This submission came from my friend XB, and I'll just let her tell the story:

I took this picture back in 2009 at a Marie Callendar's. I should mention that after I took the picture, one of the hostesses came out to see what I was doing, noticed the mistake, erased it, and fixed it. She was so embarrassed. She wasn't the one who wrote it initially, and while she was fixing it, the manager came over and asked why she was messing with the sign, and she explained it to him, and made me show him the picture I had taken on my camera so that he could see it was wrong. I don't think the person who misspelled got in trouble, but s/he probably wasn't allowed to write the signs anymore. 
Photo by XB
Let's be honest. Serloin is really not the only problem here. This is the sign equivalent of an outfit I saw today. This woman was wearing a t shirt with a gold foil print on it, paired with a beige prairie skirt with white trim, orthopedic sandals, and a porkpie hat. It, like this sign, was a WHOLE LOTTA BUSINESS. How do you even know where to look? Focus, people! Learn some focus! In pitching your lunch specials and crafting your outfits.

Well, and also. Learn to spell your featured specials. That'll come in handy.

(Thanks, XB, for digging this photo up for me!)

2 comments:

  1. I just want to know what a loaded mashed potato is. Is that like a twice-baked potato? Is it one potato that was mashed and then stuff (sour cream, cheese) added to it? How would I know I was getting only one potato's worth of mash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I hate vague menus. The more information, the better!

      Delete