description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I love a deal!

It's hard to classify this entry as just a spelling error. Because of the spelling error, this, like the last entry, is now the wrong word. (See what I did there? I love a theme!) This one doesn't take a lot of set up. Except, if you're looking for a good submission to send me (and I know you are!), you should look no further than your local Val-Pak.

I have never considered insuring my frames. 
It's ENSURE. With an E. Unless they are also insuring their frames, which I guess is possible. But here, that's just not what we're on about.

Sometimes I weep a little bit for the future, y'all. But then I have a sandwich, and I'm ok.

5 comments:

  1. Well, actually, that one goes both ways:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, when I looked it up, I felt like it wouldn't work as well as ensure, but the definition I found wasn't as expansive as this one. I need to use better resources!

      Delete
  2. I just can't get past that "Actually" in the second line. That just ain't right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that tripped me up, too. It's Klunky with a capital K.

      Delete
  3. I can't deal with the fact that every. single. word. is capitalized.

    ReplyDelete