description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I love you, food.

I don't think it's any secret that I enjoy food. I'm a fairly picky eater, but on the plus side, I'm a cheap date. You set me up with a delicious pizza and some good beer, and I'm yours. Sandwiches, salads, pasta, seafood. Cheese, bread, chocolate. I'm a boring eater, consistent to a fault. Sadly, that means I've often perused the menus of my regular places too many times to count, and found all the spelling errors there are to be found in them. However, that's where you come in! Menus are a treasure trove of interesting and creative solutions in the letter-options category, as I like to call it. Or, at least, that's how many menu writers seem to think. Again, if you're going to the expense of having something printed that will represent your restaurant and its food, you might want to have someone proofread it, just in case you missed something. You just never know.

This submission came to me from my internet buddy CP. Just take a look.

WHO ELSE IS NOW HUNGRY?
Do you see it? Here's a close up croppy-do, in case you can't.

Whatever. I'd want the shrimp anyway.
The real tragedy here is that it's spelled correctly directly below, making it a typo that slipped by everyone. Who knows how many everyones went into the making of this error.

Is Black Peeper the name of my new band, or a new skateboarding move? "Dude, have you seen her pull off a Black Peeper? It is WICKED!"

(The kids totally don't talk like that anymore, do they? Crap. I am old and crotchety. DON'T JUDGE ME. Thanks for the pic, CP!)

1 comment: