description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Booze helper?

Yay, Food Wednesday! It's back. Did you miss it? I did. Let's get on with it already!

This submission comes to us from my friend AW. Now, I wouldn't be comfortable using a tweet from an individual, in much the same way I won't use a person's Facebook posts. It's just unseemly to pick on an individual in what is essentially, to me, private space. However, if you're tweeting for a company, all bets are off. ESPECIALLY if it's this particular word, and you're representing a LOUNGE.

Nancy Palmer would like to know who to punch. 
It's really just a terrible shame, isn't it? If you're a lounge known for your drinks and you want to be recognized as an authority in that arena, it might be valuable to become familiar with the vocabulary therein. All it would have taken was a quick google. Just for kicks, I tried typing this spelling into google, and it AUTOMATICALLY corrected me, and showed me the results for the correct spelling. Which is SOMMELIER, btw.

I think the first step is for people to realize they don't actually know everything. The second step is to care. People, this makes you AND YOUR COMPANY look dumb. Uncaring. Unknowledgeable. And maybe a bit disrespectful to Nancy, who probably studied for a long time to learn how to do her job. I feel confident she wants the company she works for to take her seriously.

SERIOUSLY.

(Thanks, AW!)

1 comment: