description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Glamour!

Did you know Los Angeles has a river running through it? Sure, that river is mostly concrete, and sometimes, doesn't even really have water in it, but it IS a river. It's appeared in a number of movies, including Grease and Terminator 2, just to name a couple. There are places in LA where it's not so concrete, and is mostly just a river through some brush, and a local group has organized tours. Neat, huh? I mean, sure, I'm from Florida and I've served my time in water, but it's been a while, and I'm looking forward to getting back to basics, so to speak. We will either kayak or canoe for an hour while the guide tells us all about the flora and critters we're seeing. I'm counting on it being an awesome time!

The website, however, was clearly not counting on being faced with ME.

Names blacked out to protect the innocent. 
Do you see it there near the bottom? I was on the phone with my friend when I purchased our tickets, and I immediately told her how excited I was that there was a spelling error in our receipt. Since going on this thing was really her idea, TM, you're getting the credit for this one. It's all you, my friend.

And just to clarify, it's TEMPORARILY. That'll show 'em. (Yes, I'm sure they're just quaking in their boots now, right?) River tour! YEAH!

(Thanks, TM!)

2 comments:

  1. "Temporarily" doesn't even make sense? The email is only going to last a short time? Will it self-destruct?

    "You will receive an email shortly with your tickets" seems correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's definitely still wonky. Your version works better, for sure!

      Delete