description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Your local news is awesome!

Right after college, I moved home. I didn't have a job, so I did what a lot of kids do, and I packed up my things and headed back to Mom and Dad. I was able to get a job at a local theme park after about a month, and I worked there until I moved to Los Angeles the following year. However, while I lived at home, I applied for jobs at EVERY TV station in the area, and some that weren't. I was trying so hard to break into TV news, since that's what I'd trained to do. I knew that I'd have to start small, and that was fine. But I couldn't even convince the small stations to hire me! That was so frustrating. I even applied to our local 24 hours news network, which is haphazardly run, at best. It was pretty new back then, so I thought I had a good chance, but they never even called me.

It's totally their loss, right?

Photo by Mom
Mom snapped this recently while watching that local 24 hour news station. It's tough to see the error. Look at the screen behind her. Allow me to embiggen:

Embiggen sometimes =  BLURRY. Sorry. 
I wish I knew what they were talking about here, in terms of viral videos and social media going TOO far. I think that's the definition of a viral video is for it to spread via social media. If you don't want things to do that, DO NOT upload them to youtube. I mean, right?

Learning when to deploy to, two, and too is really, REALLY not that difficult. I encourage those that might be expected to do so in a public forum to try harder. ONCE AGAIN. If only they'd hired me. This would have never made it past me. YEAH.

(Thanks, Mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment