description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

My eyes!

And now, another elevator sign inflicted on unsuspecting coworkers. This one comes to us from my friend KG, who spotted this sign in her office's elevator, and had to run back to her desk to get her camera so we could all enjoy it! For this, we are grateful.

Photo by KG
I just can't even, y'all. Yet another brutal apostrophail. When will we be free of this scourge? WHEN?

Makes me want to stab myself in the eyes. Dramatic? Maybe. BUT THIS IS REALLY AWFUL. I've worked in some bitchy offices, y'all. If one of my coworkers had posted a sign like this, it's very likely there'd have been some sort of apostrophe witch hunt. Which would have been super fun for all involved. Well, maybe not for the person who hung the sign. But that person is trying to kill us, so it doesn't matter.

SIGH. You are already on the computer, sign maker. Ask the internet if you need an apostrophe when you're making something plural. There is no prize at the end of your life for Most Apostrophes Used. JUST STOP IT.

(Thanks, KG!)

No comments:

Post a Comment