description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Unending fishy joy

Y'all, I can't even tell you how much I enjoy this post. It brings me such glee. WHEE! Y'all know how I love it when a plan comes together. When there's symmetry. A THEME. It makes everything worthwhile. It might be what I live for. That's not sad, right? DON'T ANSWER THAT QUESTION. Anyway, I was watching TV a few weeks ago, and I came across this lower third:

Wow, SD really photographs poorly, huh? 
I saw this on Chef Wanted with Anne Burrell. Putting aside the Capital Abuse, y'all know what the problem is here, right? SALMON. Unlike sophomore, it does NOT have an o in the middle. The other problem, is of course, an olive puree. BARF. I would like to banish olives from this earth. But then we wouldn't have olive oil. Ok, I take it back. Olives can stay. But only if they are pressed into service. See what I did there? Ugh. I know. They can't all be gems. MOVING ON.

And then. AND THEN! I got this submission from loyal reader MR:

Photo by MR
SALAMON and FILLETES. This is the gift that keeps on giving! Who knew there were so many ways to misspell salmon? I, for one, did not. BUT I AM SO GRATEFUL. Both for excellent blog fodder and for the creation of a theme.

I am SO happy right now. And at peace. My dreams for the day have been fulfilled. May each of you feel one day the way I do right now. Y'all should be so lucky.

(Thanks, MR!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, synchronicity! Who knew you'd get MULTIPLE misspellings of salmon? Thanks for including my submission -- I clapped my hands when I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I clapped my hands when I got your email! Thanks for sending it in!

      Delete