description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Local flavor

I grew up right on the east coast of Florida. It's as damp and hot as you'd imagine, but it's also very pretty and charming at times, especially in some of the older areas. My mom loves to visit one of those older areas, as it has lots of little shops and restaurants, an old theater, and even one of the historic homes nearby that you can go and have a look at. There are few things my mom likes better than to dig through little boutiques hunting for treasure. This time I found a gorgeous green turquoise pendant, which was exactly what I'd been looking for.

Anyway, in this area there's this great little restaurant we ate at the last time I was home. Mom wanted to go back, so we did, and we both went for the flatbread pizzas this time, instead of the sandwiches, as we'd gotten last time. They were AMAZING. Really. I probably could have just sat there and slowly inhaled this pizza for quite some time, but as usual, the heavens were going to open up on us soon, so we had to get going.

But not before I found THIS gem as well:

The pizza I got didn't make the photo. It had spicy sausage on it. AMAZING.
I got the ORIGINAL flatbread, and not the whole wheat. I was vaguely tempted to ask what "ORIGIONAL" was, because I'm kind of a jerk, but I didn't. Best to not upset the restaurant people while they still control the fate of your food. That's just asking for trouble.

I'm torn, since the food was so good. So, I won't excoriate them. I'll just point out the error, and leave it at that. If they found a way to deliver that pizza to me here in LA, I would be DELIGHTED.

HINT HINT.

No comments:

Post a Comment