description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

VERY special

It's been a little while since we've looked at a menu, huh? Just in time, my friend ND sent me this entry from a lunch she had here in LA. It features multiple, erm, issues.

Photo by ND
First, and this is just personal, but I'm not a fan of that font. It thinks it says "Hey, I'm wacky and fun!" But what it actually says is "Hey, slap me in the face before I drive you insane!" It has no business here. Next, since I can see two entries in the photo, I'm going to assume there's more than one special. SPECIALS. I don't actually have a quibble with the period used in the times instead of a colon. In many parts of the world that's how that's done, so I'll allow it. It's certainly not the most egregious problem here. You know which one I mean. DINNING. And what does that phrase even mean? You only get the soda when you dine in? It's a bold choice to drop the Oxford comma and then misspell dining. It's like mixing patterns. Advanced technique, for sure. Not everyone can pull it off.

Needless to say, this menu has not. WE SEE YOU, REBEL YELL.

(Thanks, ND!)

No comments:

Post a Comment