description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Part deux...

Food Wednesday continues apace...

DC sent in this submission featuring errors she'd seen before in the same menu. She actually pointed them out to the staff, but they neglected to fix them. So, she went ahead and sent them on to me. Yay! (for us, I mean. Boo on the restaurant for not fixing them!)

Photo by DC
DC wants us to take note here of the Gecko Burger, which is listed as a 13 LB PATTY. To which I say, HOLY CRAPTOWN, Y'ALL. I can't even mentally picture a 13 lb patty. It's, like, the size of your plate, right? Well, several plates, really. That is LETHAL. And filling, I might add. In addition, down at the bottom, she pointed out the FOOD BOURNE ILLNESS, which is clearly Jason Bourne's younger, less-well-trained brother. If Jason Bourne = death, then Food Bourne = illness. For the record, it should read FOODBORNE ILLNESS. The internet tells me it prefers to be written as one word.

I want you to notice the three grain veggie burger, made of brown rice, quinoa, and bulgur. I cannot imagine a sadder, less-tasty burger. And this is from someone who had to give up burgers made of cow long ago. I enjoy a substitute burger immensely. But not that one. Bleh.

A second photo was in DC's email! Let's take a look:

Photo by DC
I said it in the last post, and I'll say it again. I hate mushrooms, y'all. No matter how you spell them. You can't fool me!

(Thanks, DC!)


2 comments:

  1. Do believe we Philadelphians prefer "cheesesteak" over "cheese steak," as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, that's true! Totally missed that. At least this was taken in Florida.

      Delete