description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

Ha! I'm just going to throw this one up, and then we'll talk. Just looking at it again made me laugh!

It's a hair blurry. These things don't download well. Sorry!
Gentile! HAHAHAHA!!! Do the gentiles not like football? That's just nonsense. Nearly everyone enjoys football. But the real question is, did they mean gentle or genteel? It's a tough call. But I think we can all agree that the author most certainly did NOT mean gentile.

Also, this is full-on clunktastic. But we don't have to get into that. Not with that gentile just sitting there, staring back at us like Mona Lisa's eyes, watching us everywhere we go. *SHUDDER* Yeesh. Go away, creepy wrong word.

But I am, in fact, ready for college football season, so there's that.

Historical aside: was there a specific age at which you had to lengthen your skirts and stop wearing your hair down? Or was it when you got married? Or something else? I'm just curious. Anyone know? These are the things I wonder when I see these signs sometimes. It's possible I'm putting too much thought into them.

(Thanks to BD for sending this my way!)

3 comments:

  1. Girls lengthened their skirts and pinned up their hair roughly around puberty, so say, 13ish. At least in the US in the 1800s. Might have been different in other places and times, but that sounds about right as a general rule.

    This gentile loves football! My guess is they meant genteel. That's definitely a word I associate with southern belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use screen shots for your blog instead of downloading the actual pic. It loads faster, too, and isn't blurry. Keep up the great werk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! Actually, with this one, I couldn't, because it was emailed to me. I didn't see it on Facebook myself. And thanks for reading!

      Delete